Camping in the Algarve
Camping in the Algarve is not as popular as it once was, but there are a number of campsites across the Algarve that are safe and popular for families and solo travelers.
Be careful with the mosquitos on campsites near rivers or the sea in places like Sagres or Lagos.
Some of the most popular campsites include:
- Yelloh, Lagos – This is a family oriented large campsite with over 137 mobile homes and bungalows and 202 pitches suitable for tents. Facilities include cabaret entertainment, kids clubs, sporting activities, swimming pools and water aerobics.
- Parque de Campismo Orbitur – This is campsite that is located on the Western Coast of the Algarve and it is equipped with dedicated pitches for tents, bungalows, campervans, and caravans. The facilities include pool tables, Wi-Fi, restaurant and a bar.
- Camping at Moncarapacho – This is one of the most popular campsites in the Algarve that is located around 20 minutes away from Faro in Eastern region of the Algarve and it is well suited for tents and it also welcomes campervans and caravans.
- Camping Ria Formosa Tavira – This is a family oriented campsite that has many well-built bungalows and mobile homes and also have over 350 pitches for campervans, caravans and tents. Facilities include a mini-gym, swimming pool, Wi-Fi, mini market, a playground and an artificial lake.
- Calico Park – This is the round the year residential campsite that caters to long term and medium term living in park’s mobile homes and has no space for tents and caravans. The facilities include restaurant, swimming pool and children’s playground